|New to FileMaker Plug-ins? Not sure how to install? |
If you are new to using/installing/managing plug-ins, please read the Plugins 101 guide first before consulting this documentation. It explains how to call functions, set function parameters, install plug-ins, and handle errors.
Plastic 3 Overview
Welcome to Plastic 3! Plastic 3 is a paid upgrade from Plastic 2, and includes many new features for total flexibility over how and when charges are made within FileMaker.
Plastic enables FileMaker Pro to act as a payment portal, which sends and receives SSL-encrypted credit card transaction information to and from a payment gateway. The payment gateway ensures the transaction information passes securely from the customer to the gateway, from the gateway to the eventual payment processor and vice versa.
Plastic can run a charge, authorize, capture, void, or refund transactions for a number of gateways. Based on the gateway selected, functions may require different parameters or not take certain parameters at all. Please note that this documentation details how to use the functions based on the gateway selected, so it is very important you select the correct gateway or provider.
New in Plastic 3
- No longer requires Java installation
- Can use plugin functions as script steps with a user-friendly GUI for specifying parameters
- Better error reporting in scripts
- Compatible with FileMaker Cloud
- Better compatibility with FileMaker Server for Perform Script on Server and scheduled scripts
- Each plugin runs in a separate process, increasing reliability and stability
- Plugins can be reliably unloaded, making it possible to auto-update without restarting FileMaker
- Where appropriate, plugin parameters can be selected from pull-down lists and checkboxes
- Support for streaming large container data, allowing unlimited amounts of data to be transferred between FileMaker and the plugin without running out of memory.
- Compatible with the older plugin API, so you can continue to use your existing scripts and calculations with the new plugins.
For a guide on how to install Plastic please see our plugin installation page
Don't have a merchant account?
If you do not already have a gateway or merchant account, you can sign up for an Authorize.Net account at the following:
Plastic 3 Authorization Basics
Before you begin using Plastic, you'll need to know your gateway specific log-in credentials. In the function signature template, we refer to these as merchant account names and transaction keys. The chart below illustrates which credential to use in place of merchantAccountName and txKey. Please note that there may be additional security features per gateway. For example, VirtualMerchant also requires a user, Merchant Warrior requires a API Passphrase, and RealEx requires a shared secret.
|Authorize.Net||Merchant API Login ID||Merchant Transaction Key||First Data||User ID||Password|
|InternetSecure||Merchant Account||Merchant eSolutions||Profile ID||Profile Key|
|Merchant Warrior||Merchant UUID||API Key||Moneris||Store ID||API Token|
|PayTrace||User name||Password||Paypal Payflow Pro||Merchant Login||Password|
|RealEx||Merchant ID||Account name||TransFirst||Merchant ID||Hosted Key|
|USA ePAY||Source Key||PIN||VirtualMerchant||Merchant ID||PIN|
To suppress Plastic 3 error dialogs, please use the
CCSetErrorCapture ( True ) code in your solution startup script.
For instructions on advanced error handling and custom error dialogs, see here.
Click one of the links below to view payment gateway-specific documentation:
|Authorize.Net||First Data||InternetSecure||Merchant eSolutions|
|Merchant Warrior||Moneris||PayTrace||Paypal Payflow Pro|
If you still need help, there are several resources available! FMForums hosts a support forum for 360Works products. Please look through the posts and see if your question has been posted before making a new topic.
Support is also available via email at email@example.com. You can also call us at 770-234-9293. We offer many services in addition to our plug-ins, so let us know if you'd like a little help integrating the plug-in into your solution. Or if you'd be interested in a customized plug-in or development please let us know!