Zulu Google Setup
Setup and Account Mapping
Install Zulu and get it up and running. Follow these instructions to install Zulu on your FileMaker Server.
Add Zulu to your file, following the integration instructions, ending with clicking "publish" in your file. Or serve the Zulu sample file and click "publish" there. Visit the Sync Admin page on your server at <yourserveraddress>/zulu/admin/
Login using the admin username and password you created when installing Zulu. (If you do not have your administration password, re-run the Zulu installer on the server to set it.) Now you're ready to pair a FileMaker Account with a Google Account and begin syncing. (Watch a short video of the following steps here.)
- Enter the name of your FileMaker file (without the extension) where it says "Synchronize Database". The click "Setup New FileMaker Account."
- On the next page enter enter the FileMaker account and password whose events you'd like to sync. You can use FileMaker's access privileges to limit which records get synced, but use a Full Access account to get this started and to make any troubleshooting easier.
- Now enter your Google account and password. You can sync a single FileMaker account with multiple Google accounts, but just enter one for now. This will add new FileMaker calendar(s) to this account's Google Calendar.
- Click "Add Google Account".
- Now click Save Account Pairing. You're almost done.
Seed the Modification Timestamp
Enter browse mode on the Field Mapping layout in your file and place your cursor in the Modification Timestamp field (on the Zulu Fields) tab. Select "Replace Field Contents..." from FileMaker's "Records" menu. Hit the radio button "Replace with calculated result" and enter 1 in the calculation which follows. Click "OK" and then click "Replace". This will seed all events with a modification date which is essential before your first Google sync.
This is not necessary if you're already syncing with iCal, as your records likely already have modification timestamps. But if you're first use of Zulu is with Google, make sure to seed these modification timestamps.
Return to the Sync Admin page, make sure sync is set to manual sync and click Sync Now. It can take a few minutes for the first sync; you'll see a message at the top of the page when it's completed. When it's done, open your Google calendar or contacts in a browser and refresh the page (refresh the page in your browser to see new calendars: clicking Google's "refresh" button won't work).
There is a lot you can do now that you have Google sync up and running. Learn More