Zulu My Site
Can I add a FileMaker Calendar to my web site?
Yes. Zulu can sync your FileMaker events to Google Calendar and then you can use Google's widgets to add some or all of these calendars to your web site.
Here're how ...
- Install Zulu and get your database syncing with Google Calendar. setting up Google sync.
- Open your Google Calendar in a web browser: http://www.google.com/calendar
- Click the "settings" button below the list of calendars in the left hand side bar. (Follow Google's instructions here: Embed on your website)
- Click "Share this calendar" beside any calendar you'd like to add to your site. Click the "Make this calendar public" checkbox. If you don't make the calendar public, only folks who log in with your Google account, or which whom you share the calendar will be able to see it. Don't worry: the calendar will be read-only on your site to everyone else.
- Click "Share only my free/busy information (Hide details)" if you just want to show your time as blocked off and don't want to publish event details.
- Save your changes.
- Now click the "Calendar Details" tab for any calendar and scroll down until you see "Embed this Calendar". The code to the right can be pasted into any web page in order to render your calendar there.
7. Paste the resulting code into your web site and you're done. Since you're already logged in to your Google account, the calendar will appear editable to you when it's on your site. Open your site in a different browser to see how it will look to strangers.
Can I use Google Calendar to let people make appointments with me?
A couple options here.
You can invite individual contacts to share your calendar but you can't open this up to the general public. You can however, put a read-only calendar on your site as described above to show when you're busy, and the have a web form on the same page so folks can request an appointment during the times you're free.
You can even have FileMaker read that mail (using a plugin) and try to create the events for you automatically.
Also take a look at Google Appointment Slots, which works with Zulu.